The current interests in Water Research Lab. include nano-catalysts technology, membrane technology and treatment and management technology for water supply.
Nano-catalyst and membrane technology
There are four research domains in this section: fabrication of novel nano-composite catalyst, development of antifouling technology for MBR, modification of RO for seawater desalination, and development of an ultrasonic time-domain reflectometry (UTDR) for on-line membrane fouling monitoring.
- Nanoscale TiO2/ Fe0 composite catalyst
- Antifouling by TiO2 composite membrane
- P-type electrode membrane
- Characterization of bio-fouling on membrane
- Ag-modified RO membrane for anti-fouling
- On-line monitored system for membrane fouling by ultrasonic method
Analysis and controlling of bio-fouling for seawater desalinization by RO membrane
Treatment and Management Technology for Public Water Supply
There are five research domains in this section: development of smart system for chemical dosing, preparation of polyaluminum chloride coagulants containing high level of Al13, recovery of spent filter backwash water, sludge reclamation, and establishment of OPEE.
- Automated coagulant dosing
- Nano-Al13 coagulant
- Sludge reclamation
- Recycling of spent filter backwash
- Water treatment plant performance upgrading